Boehringer-Ingelheim is looking for a Senior Epidemiologist to join the corporate department of Global Epidemiology.
The Boehringer Ingelheim group is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 142 affiliates and more than 47,400 employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
Global Epidemiology within Boehringer Ingelheim evaluates target populations and products in real world settings across all therapeutic areas throughout the product lifecycle.
This is a unique opportunity for you to use and advance your professional skills in a demanding international field of work by joining an international, growing, young and highly-motivated team.
Your job and key responsibilities
Your role will be to ensure strategic epidemiological management of one or more products within a therapeutic area, including use of innovative methods and pathways, to proactively generate real world data for comparative safety and effectiveness research, and to provide epidemiological advice to various internal and external stakeholders.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Define and develop the epidemiological strategy for BI products under his/her responsibility by adequately and timely designing, planning, initiating, and supervising non-interventional studies
- Ensure alignment of all functions’ needs with regard to non-interventional studies
- Efficiently communicate the epidemiological strategy to all internal stakeholders
- Ensure review and give high quality input to critical review assessments, expert statements, publications, and study proposals from internal and external sources
- Timely and appropriately develop epidemiological sections for submission relevant documents (e.g. Risk Management plans, DSURs, etc.)
- Initiate and supervise development of new processes and SOPs relevant to the implementation of epidemiology at BI and customize existing systems
- Contribute actively to the achievement of team goals; serve as contact and mentor for junior epidemiologists within the department
- Publish epidemiological study results in peer-reviewed journals
You hold a Masters’ Degree in (pharmaco)epidemiology with at least five (5) years and/or Doctoral Degree (in (pharmaco)epidemiology) with at least three (3) years of pharmacoepidemiological experience (including experience with claim/electronic medical record databases), with profound mathematical/statistical skills and medical/pharmacological knowledge. You have also one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in leading projects, with an international exposure in daily business and experience in at least one (1) of our key therapeutic areas (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Metabolic, Oncology, Neurology, Immunology). Industry experience, pharmacovigilance knowledge, and/or SAS skills would be a plus.
Personally you convince with:
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken) and well-developed multi-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to communicate in a credible and confident manner, and to communicate technical areas clearly to non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity, juggle priorities, and deliver on tight deadlines
- Aptitude to work under pressure within a highly-matrixed environment, and with strong performance orientation
- You are proactive, highly responsible, accountable, creative, and flexible with international mobility
Dr Patrice Verpillat
Phone: 00 49 6132 77 1444 91