MAJ 12/04/18 : modification de la fiche de poste, des dates de prise de fonction et de candidature
Description du poste
- Fonction : Consultant
- Temps plein (arrangements possibles)
- Type de contrat : CDD
- Date de prise de fonction : du 11/06/2018 au 10/12/2018 (à confirmer)
- Lieu d’exercice : Lyon (arrangements possibles)
Description de la structure
Unit: Preparedness, Readiness and Core Capacity Building
Department: Country Health Emergency Preparedness and IHR
Early detection and response to public health events such as infectious disease outbreaks are key to reducing their propagation and impact. Paper based transmission is the traditional way of reporting public health surveillance data. Due to lack of resources and infrastructure this hinders timely detection, reporting, assessment and response to acute public health events.
In the last decade, there has been a striking development of mobile phone infrastructure in resource-limited settings, including in hard to reach areas. Combined with mounting internet accessibility from country intermediate level, this creates new possibilities for electronic management of public health surveillance data at all country levels.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has developed Argus, an open source electronic tool to support public health surveillance for early detection and response in respect to the Integrated Surveillance and Response (IDSR) technical guidelines and the WHO Regional Office for Africa public health surveillance strategy. It uses Short Message Service (SMS) technology for the transmission of information between the local healthcare facilities and all levels of the public health surveillance system via a mobile application. A web platform complements the application for data management and analysis by using the internet.
The proposed consultancy contract is aiming at supporting the development of the Argus electronic tool for public health surveillance and its implementation toolbox, along with providing direct support to Member States in implementing, operating, and evaluating Argus for early detection of outbreaks.
Activity 1: Supervise the development of the Argus electronic tool for public health surveillance.
Activity 2: Finalize the development of the Argus implementation toolbox.
Activity 3: Provide on-site technical assistance to a maximum of three vulnerable and resource-limited countries in the implementation of Argus, upon request from WHO country or regional office(s). This output may not be delivered if no request is received by the requesting unit during the course of this consultancy contract.
Activity 4: Provide at distance technical assistance in the implementation of Argus.
- Advanced degree in public health or computer science.
- At least 3 years of experience in public health and epidemiological activities, including 1 at international level.
- Experience in low and/or middle-income countries (as per World Bank classification).
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Experience in developing and monitoring work plans.
- Experience in developing technical reports and guidance documents.
- Proven capacity in networking sensitively, co-operatively and productively with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven analytical and data presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in developing scripts for the R statistical software.
- Knowledge in public health surveillance will be an asset.
- Experience with free and open source software and knowledge in SQL language will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of French.
Modalités de candidature :
Envoyer un CV à email@example.com, objet : « Consultant_Surv_Argus », avant le 1er mai 2018