Villes : Nantes
Université : Polythech Nantes
Responsable : Hoel LE CAPITAINE
Mode d’enseignement : présentiel
Site internet : https://iae.univ-nantes.fr/nos-formations/offre-de-formation/master-management-2015210.kjsp?RH=INSTITUTIONNEL_FR#programme
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Through this program, students will acquire the scientific and technological skills towards a data scientist profile within a computer science degree. With case studies and an internship, they will also gain methodological and practical experience in conducting a high-level innovative process in the field of data science.
Les objectifs de la spécialité sont :
Data science is a major scientific and technological area of computer sciences, founded on the fields of data analysis, machine learning and databases. It leads to produce methods and technologies to enable data-driven progress in these social, scientific and economic activities.
Les pré-requis : Prerequisites training
The Master’s Degree is a two-year degree. At Polytech Nantes, only the second year is accessible. However, for international students, the current program is a one-year program, where successful applicants enter directly the second year. Applicants should hold a degree which validates at least 4-years in higher education, in the field of computer science.
They are expected to have solid foundations in the following fields:
- mathematics (statistics, probability and optimization)
- relational databases (theory and practice)
- software development (e.g Python, R, C++, software engineering)
- report writing
Les compétences attendues à l’issue de la formation :
- develop core scientific competencies, practical and methodological skills on data usage
- understand how data science applies to industry and be aware of its social, economic and scientific impact
- conduct a research or development project in the data analysis domain